Benton County, AR
Contributed by Nancy Seefeldt - Here is what I found on the family of William S. and Rebecca Lee Potts.
William S. Potts b. 1795 in Duplin Co., N. C., d. 11 Dec 1858 in Benton Co., Ark., married about 1819 in Rutherford Co., Tn. to Rebecca Lee (last name unknown), b. abt 1800, d. abt 1869?. William may have served in the War of 1812 but there was another William Potts living nearby so not sure which one served in the 2nd reg't of the West Tn. Militia.
William and Rebecca's children:
1. George Washington, b. abt. 1820, d. 1850-1854 in Bond Co., Ill. married 13 Apr 1848 in Bond Co., Ill., to Hezekiah "Keziah" Noe.
2. Emily Ann, b. abt. 1820 died 1844-1847 in Bond Co., Ill., married 16 Dec 1841 in Bond Co., Ill. to George Sturzenhoffecker.
3. Robert W., b. abt. 1825, d. after 1863. Military card files says he was a P. O. W. & was released in a prisoner exchange at City Point, Va. abt. June 1863.
4. Elizabeth A., b. 10 Apr 1825, d. 2 Jun 1903 in Bond Co., Ill., married (1) John N. Watkins in Bond Co., Ill. on 1 Oct 1849 (2) William R. Traylor on 5 Apr 1855 in Bond Co., Ill.
5. Violet, b. abt 1832, d. June 1850, married 10 June 1850 in Bond Co., Ill., to James Etheridge.
6. Mary F., b. abt 1832, d. 1860 In Benton Co., Ark., married in Bond Co., Ill., 25 Jan 1855 to James W. Brown.
7. Warner F., b. 27 Aug 1836, d. 18 Oct 1901 in Barry Co., Mo., married 28 Jan 1858 in Barry Co., Mo., to Vashti W. Morgan. Some military records list his name as Warren & some researchers state his middle name is Francis.
8. Simeon C., b. 1840, d. 14 May 1881 in Benton Co., Ark., married 8 Mar 1866 in Benton Co., Ark., to Sarah Williams.
9. Isaac, b. Abt 1843, d. after Mar 4, 1862. The military card file states he was left sick at Van Buren, Ark. hospital on 4 mar 1862. He possibly died there but his name doesn't appear on the hospital death or burial records.
The 4 oldest children were born in Tennessee, Violet & subsequent children were born in Clinton County or Bond County, Illinois.